- Report on the current situation in Cyprus
- Report on the current situation in EU
- Report on human development of the migrants in Cyprus
- Report on practices at European level based on integration policies on immigration
Οur work concerns the composition, monitoring and evaluation of the National Plan for the Integration of Migrants of the Republic of Cyprus. The body responsible for the integration of migrants in Cyprus is the Civil Registry and Migration Department of the Ministry of Interior.
The project team worked closely with the Civil Registry and Migration Department on the composition of the plan, which includes a set of suggestions for measures aimed at the integration of migrants, that emerged through research and discussion in focus groups, as well as consultation with the public bodies involved and interested stakeholders.
The focus groups consisted of bodies engaging with migration and integration concerns, as well as representatives of the migrants themselves. This work was carried out in consultation with the Civil Registry and the Advisory Committee for the Integration of Migrants, an advisory body that was established by a decision of the Council of Ministers.
The National Plan is promoted through information activities of the stakeholders and the general public.
Upon completion, a Monitoring Mechanism that will report the progress will be operate.
The project lasts 46 months: 01/01/2019 – 31/10/2022.
It is co-financed by the Asylum Migration & Integration Fund and the Republic of Cyprus.
Title: National Plan for the Integration of Immigrants
Member State: Cyprus
Fund: Asylum, Migration and Integration Fund
Fund Project Period: 2014-
Code: CY / 2019 / AMIF / SO2.NO2.5
Who are we addressing
The direct target group for the drafting of the National Plan is mainly public bodies and services, local authorities, citizens’ organizations, international organizations, organized migrant bodies, representatives of the academic community and others dealing with issues of immigration, asylum. and integration.
The indirect target group is third-country nationals, such as refugees, immigrants and asylum seekers legally residing in Cyprus. More specifically, third-country nationals who:
- hold refugee status or subsidiary protection status
- asylum seekers
- require temporary protection
- are resettled or have been relocated from a Member State.
- comply with the specific measures and / or pre-departure conditions laid down by national law and in accordance with Union law on a case-by-case basis, including measures relating to a Member State’s ability to integrate them into society;
- reside legally in a Member State or, as the case may be, are in the process of obtaining legal residence in a Member State.
Our goal is to create a National Plan for the Integration of Immigrants, the first integrated plan in the Republic of Cyprus to be prepared. The National Plan will be approved by the Government of the Republic of Cyprus on the basis of realistic goals, targeted measures and actions, aimed at facilitating the integration of third country nationals in the Cypriot society, through a holistic approach and with constructive coordination of the stakeholders.
Work Package 1
- Report of the integration body on immigrants.
- Letter of invitation for selected bodies.
- Presentations and certificates of participation.
- Report of SWOT analysis founding’s
- Report on the conclusions and proposals regarding the implementation of the National Plan for the Integration of Immigrants
- Proof on meeting (agenda, photos)
Work Package 2
- Model measures for the integration of immigrants 1st edition of the action plan.
- Consultation findings
- Final text of conclusions / improved proposals for consultation
- Final Text of the Action Plan
- consultation findings
- Final text of conclusions / improvement proposals for consultation
Work Package 3
- Evaluation Mechanism Plan 7 semi-annual progress reports
- Methodical tool for the evaluation of National Plan concluding in a written evaluation report