Upon its completion, the National Plan on the Integration of migrant’s is placed under the supervision of the Department of Population and Immigration Archive of the Ministry of Interior.
The National Plan is monitored by the Advisory Committee for the Integration of Immigrants established by decision of the Council of Ministers No. 72672, 10 October 2011.
1st Edition of the National Plan
2nd Edition of the National Plan
The final delivery of the National Action Plan will include the following components:
i. Policy framework and priorities for integration at European and national level – Theoretical framework (definition) of integration at the core of national policy.
ii. Actions taken in the recent past in relation to this issue e.g. reference to the Strategic Action Plan for the integration of legal immigrants in Cypriot society, approved by the Council of Ministers on 13 October 2010.
iii. Current situation (reference also to statistics) – challenges at national level
iv. Objective of the National Action Plan and Methodology
v. Target group (ie, to whom are the measures of the National Plan addressed)
vi. Needs assessment for integration.
vii. Drafting measures for integration:
A. The measures will fall under political priority axes.
B. Regarding each measure, the following are mentioned:
- The goals
- Funding instruments (and / or proposed funding sources).
- Key implementation bodies
- Indicative implementation schedule
- Identification of geographical areas in which implementation are expected
- Evaluation of measures: indicators per measure
- Evaluation of the implementation of the National Action Plan: quantitative and qualitative indicators, which will measure the degree of success of the National Action Plan
ix. Expected results
x. Expected challenges in the next three years and next steps